Onbikes has created several ways for you and your business or employer to help bring bikes to your community or others across the country.
Volunteer or Donate
CORPORATE BIKE BUILDS
Onbikes partners with companies, organizations, and event planners across the nation to put as many bikes into the hands of at-risk and foster kids as possible. We’ve created a unique model that allows our partners to host an unforgettable team-building event while delivering a tangible product back into the community.
Our partners can donate the bikes to an organization of their choosing, or Onbikes can help facilitate the donation through our network of partners.
Here’s how it works:
1. Select a date, time, location, and the number of participants for your bike build. Onbikes will help to determine the number of bikes needed and will facilitate the purchase, delivery, and setup of your event. We’ll also provide the necessary tools and on-site bike technicians to ensure each bike has been assembled properly.
2. Employees gather and form assembly lines to build the pre-determined amount of bikes. Create competitions between departments, play music, serve food, have relay races on already assembled bikes, the sky is the limit!
3. Deliver the bikes. After selecting an organization in need, arrange to deliver and present the bikes. Onbikes will work with your team to share best practices on bike distribution.
“We partnered with onbikes to build 100 zikes for kids in our community. The zike build was an awesome team-building activity for our team while supporting a great cause. Following the build, we worked with the onbikes team to find the perfect homes for the zikes. Their team was instrumental in leveraging their connections in the community, coordinating the deliveries, and creating an unforgettable experience for all. Seeing the expression on the kids’ faces when they received their zikes was priceless and a moment our team will never forget. We are so grateful for all that the onbikes team does for our community and look forward to continuing to partner with them in the future!”
– Chris Whitney, Founder & CEO, Whitney Logistics
A bike share program comes with:
- A fleet of new bicycles
- Lights, locks, and helmets
- Bike safety manuals
- Digital sign-in & sign-out forms
- Maintenance training
- Tool kits for basic repairs
- Bike racks
- Tire pump station
“The onbikes Bike Share program helps all of our families that need to get to work, to school, to internships. We are able to give them the resources and dignity to be able to get to where they need to be.”
– Michael Yanni, Associate Director of Health and Wellness Service, Metropolitan Ministries
Make your name one the community won’t forget.
Bike Share Partners receive branding opportunities on the above-mentioned components, along with recognition on the Onbikes website and social media platforms. Partners also receive inclusion in the delivery and installation of the bike share fleet.
SPONSOR OUR MOBILE BIKE SHOP
We’re building a Mobile Bike Shop in our hometown of Tampa, FL to provide free bike maintenance directly to underserved communities! Your sponsorship can help us cross the finish line and make this dream a reality. Once we reach that goal, we hope to expand this idea into other cities across the country.
BECOME A COMMUNITY PARTNER
Are you an organization looking to host a Bike Share Program? Or are you a fellow non-profit that wants to co-host an event? Do you have another idea of how you and Onbikes can make a difference in your community?
Our relationships with community partners are designed to offer benefits that positively align with each organization. From hosting a ride in your neighborhood to team building “bike builds” we look forward to identifying and supporting an opportunity that fits your needs and specific goals. Onbikes strives to build lasting partnerships with unique, distinctive qualities.
“For the students at Starting Right, Now, bikes equate to freedom – freedom to get to work; to visit friends; to exercise to help their mental health. Trapped for so many years in the confines of an abusive situation, the bike equates to more than just two wheels for transportation. It is their way to finally feel free of chains. onbikes allows our kids to regain their freedom of choice.”
– Vicki Sokolik, Founder/Executive Director, Starting Right Now
BECOME A SAFETY SPONSOR
Along with donating thousands of bicycles to communities across the country, comes a responsibility to encourage safety for our riders. In the past, Onbikes has donated 1,000 premium bike light kits to local law enforcement agencies who in turn distributed at no cost to members of the community they see without proper lighting on their bikes.
Onbikes would like to continue this program until every rider in our community is outfitted with lights and is safer when traveling at night, but we need your help!
In addition to helping keep riders safe in the streets, your sponsorship offers you:
- Inclusion in all social awareness in partnership with Tampa and Pinellas police and sheriff departments
- Mention in press releases and any subsequent media opportunities
- Recognition on the Onbikes website as official safety sponsor
- Possible branding of bike light kits
A new bike means possibilities and every dollar helps. Simply text ONBIKES to 50155 to make a donation to help “build” a bike! Simply choose your amount – $175 for a full bike, $100 for a frame, $50 for handlebars, or $25 for pedals. Or donate any other amount of your choice and help us bring smiles to kids and adults year-round.
“Participating in the onbikes corporate Bike Build gave our company an opportunity to execute a team building activity to build relationships across our organization in multiple locations all at the same time! With the guidance of the onbikes team, our locations built a total of 400 Zike-Bikes that were donated to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Beaver County in Cranberry, PA and Madison Middle School in Tampa, FL. We were able to come together as a team to give back to our local communities, network with colleagues, and have a lot of fun in the process!”
– Kathy Smith, ConnectWise Philanthropic Advisor
“OnBikes has been a valued community partner of the Children’s Cancer Center for 3 years now. Together, we have provided over 300 bicycles to the families we serve who have a child diagnosed with cancer or chronic blood disorder. Our collaboration has provided endless hours of fun for children who have to spend way too much time in the hospital; are isolated due to compromised immune systems and whose family is financially challenged due to their child’s medical diagnosis. CCC looks forward to continue to work together to help children be happy, enjoy being outside and being active. It takes more than medicine to be well!”
– Patty O’Leary, Executive Director, Children’s Cancer Center